LIFETIME DIAMOND UPGRADE
At Friendly Diamonds, we offer a LIFETIME upgrade policy for all certified lab grown diamonds.
- The diamond to be exchanged must be a loose diamond or a center diamond of a 'create your own' ring, earring, or pendant.
- The cost of the new diamond must be at least 30% greater than the current market value of the original diamond at the time of the exchange.
- Friendly Diamond's quality control team will determine the value with current market prices.
- The new diamond may or may not fit the original jewelry setting (ring, earring, pendant or any custom jewelry setting). If the new diamond fits the original setting, the customer can choose to reuse it by paying a setting fee of $100. If the new diamond does not fit the original setting, the customer may purchase a new setting. In this case, the original setting cannot be returned if the exchange is taking place outside the 30 day return period.
- Shipping costs for the items to Friendly Diamonds will be the customer's responsibility. The new item will come with our free shipping terms.
- The new items will be shipped once the exchanged item is returned and received at our office. Our quality control team will assess all exchanged items.
- Please refer to the instructions below for more information on how to send in your item for exchange.
- Please refer to the information below on shipping terms of the new item.
Valuation of diamond at the time of exchange
- The value of the diamond to be exchanged will be determined at its current market value at the time of exchange.
- The cost difference between the two diamonds will be calculated using the new diamond's market value and the original diamond’s current market value at the time of exchange.
Payments of additional amounts
- Any cost difference between the original diamond and the new diamond must be paid in full before Friendly Diamonds ships the new items.
- The customer may choose a different payment method for the order as required.
How to send in your item for exchange
- The customer can request a shipping label via email, phone or chat.
- The cost to ship the items for exchange will be the customer's responsibility.
- Ensure all original materials, including the actual product, the original packing box, and all documentation, including the diamond certificates and the appraisal certificates, are intact. Please note that a $250 replacement fee per certificate will be charged if the certificate has been lost or tampered with. Appraisal fees are non-refundable.
- For security reasons, do not write jewelry, diamonds, or other related words anywhere on the package.
- For safety purposes, please double-box your package.
- Affix the label to the outside of the larger box and drop it off at your nearest courier company location. (We recommend UPS, FedEx, or USPS as our preferred shipping partners).
- Friendly Diamonds cannot be held responsible for shipping errors – we recommend that customers only use a staffed store-front to send in exchange items. Please do not use drop boxes or non-staffed locations.
- Obtain a shipping receipt to confirm that the item has been shipped - this receipt will act as proof of shipment and insurance.
- Friendly Diamonds recommend purchasing insurance on the package up to the replacement value.
Shipping terms of the new item
- One Way Shipping Charges for Exchanged Items
- We offer FREE shipping worldwide.
- Custom Charges and Duties
- For all international shipments, customs processes and import duties are the customer's responsibility; please check with your local customs office for information.
- Shipping Timeline
- Friendly Diamonds is committed to the timely delivery of your order. However, delivery delays due to inclement weather conditions, carrier delays, or incorrect addresses are beyond our control.
- Our estimated shipment date is the estimated date on which the order will be shipped from our shipping office in New York. The estimated shipment date does not include the time taken for the delivery partner to deliver the order or the time taken by local customs to release international orders.
- You will receive an email confirmation once your order is shipped.
- All loose diamond orders are typically shipped 2 to 10 days from the order date.
- All made-to-order items are typically shipped 2 to 3 weeks from the order date.
- All our orders are shipped via 2 business day shipments.
- Please note that all shipments require an adult signature at the delivery destination.
- Delivery Partners
- We use trusted delivery companies such as FedEx, UPS and USPS for all our shipments.
- An alternative shipping method may be used when deemed appropriate to reach your target destination and target delivery date.
- Shipment Insurance
For your protection, Friendly Diamonds always:
- Insures and registers all items for their full value.
Requires that all deliveries be made to a physical business or home address only. We do not ship to P.O. box addresses.
- Track your order
- We make it easy for you to know how soon you can expect the delivery of your product. Once your order is shipped, we send you a shipment email along with the tracking number for you to track the product.
Need more help? We’re here to help you 24/7
Always a real person! - We don’t let bots do the talking.